Baileys Harbor, WI
54202 Information Center Open Daily
Corner of Hwy 57 and County F
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
May 26 to October 16
Town Hall Activities:
Door County Scottie Rally Parade of Scots - 11:30
Arts & Crafts on the Lawn
Taste of Baileys Harbor Soup Fundraiser
Micro Chipping Clinic and Nail Trims for All Breeds
Door Shakespeare's Ceilidh Scottish Barn Dance
and don't forget...
Community Wide Garage Sale from 8am-5pm!
Spring Fling has always been about the Door County Scottie Rally, but this year it’s really “gone to the dogs!” Of course we have the Door County Scottie Rally, but we’ve expanded on the pet friendly aspect of this great event by reaching out to the Door County Humane Society and other local pet friendly businesses.
This year's Door County Scottie Rally (DCSR) is going to be an inter-continental event with attendees from over eleven states, Australia and South Africa. While the Rally is held on private property and requires admission, the annual “Parade of Scots” is free and open to the public. Parade viewers are encouraged to assemble along Park Rd, State Highway 57 and County F/EE in downtown Baileys Harbor. The parade travels east on Cty F/EE from Juniper Ridge Road and arrives at the Baileys Harbor Town Square at approximately 11:30 am . Parade viewers are encouraged to assemble by 11:15 to be sure they don’t miss the viewing of these small dogs with “big attitude!” The Clan Donald Pipe and Drum Corps are returning to lead the parade once again. Many of the dogs have been rescued from shelters and/or abandoned and have found their forever 2nd chance homes. In the past 12 years this gathering of Scottie devotees around North America has raised over $96,000 to support Scottish Terrier health related research and Scottie Rescue. For further information or to purchase DCSR shirts and memorabilia log onto www.doorcountyscottierally.com and/or call (920) 493-5878.
The DCHS will be offering Micro Chipping for all dogs to raise funds for their new building. Dr. Allison Keen and Dogma Grooming Studio will also be offering $10 nail trimmings with proceeds getting split between the Door County Humane Society and the Northern Door Spay-a-Stray feral cat fund.
After walking through the arts and crafts area, head inside the Town Hall for the Taste of Baileys Harbor Fundraising Event. Baileys Harbor businesses have donated soup in a chance to win the coveted title of “Best In Show”. All proceeds from this will be split between the Door County Humane Society and Baileys Harbor Community Association for future events. Dessert is brought to you by Harbor Pie Company with Sara’s delicious homemade pies.
Soups & Food Items have been donated by Harbor Fish Market & Grille, AC Tap, Baileys Harbor Cornerstone Pub, Coyote Roadhouse, DC Deli, Harbor Hut, Harbor Pie Company, and Top Deck at Gordon Lodge.
As evening falls, Door Shakespeare will host a Ceilidh (Kay-Lee) party at the Town Hall from 7:30-10pm. Come kick-off Door Shakespeare's 2013 season with a fun-filled evening of traditional Scottish folk music, dancing, and storytelling. Genuine Scottish band O’er The Border will be playing the night away and teaching the dances. All ages are welcome and you don’t need experience to participate. Call Door Shakespeare at 920.839.1500 to reserve your tickets or purchase them at the door. Tickets are $10 but if you are brave enough to channel your inner Braveheart and rock a kilt, it’s only $5! Beer, wine and refreshments will be available for purchase. All proceeds go to Door Shakespeare.
For more information on the Community Wide Garage Sale, stay tuned to get a copy of the addresses on here, visit our facebook page, or stop in during the festival for a flyer and map! To be listed on the sale, please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920.839.2366.
Community Wide Garage Sale 9am-5pm unless hours noted.
1. 7686 Chapel Lane 920.839.2221- Colossal household sale- antiques galore-nautical, tools, coffee grinders, trunks, linens, downsized 2 condos & house-several families, abundance to browse 8-5pm.
2. Novel Ideas 8085 Hwy 57 920.839.1300- New books, games, local CD's, Door County goodies and more at special discounted prices for Spring Fling.
3. Corner of Hwy 57 and Howard, Garage on Howard 920.493.3814 - Linens, Bedding, crafts, appliances, glassware, dishes, Pfaltzgraff blue ceramic tea pot and warmer, Pfaltzgraff Heritage Stoneware, serving pieces, and glasses, electronics, and much more!
4. The Harbor Inn 7992 Highway 57 920.421.0441 8-12 noon - Books, Clothes size 16 new and slightly used, Luggage, Dog Crate, Christmas, Incidentals
5. Orphan Annie’s 8091 Guy St. 920.839.5353
6. Harbor Fish Market & Grille, 8080 Highway 57 920.839.9999 - Lots of fun, interesting, eclectic items from our restaurant and more!
7. 7756 Arthur's Court 920.493.4649 - Household items, tools, 1950's chrome/Formica table with 4 chairs, plumbing fixtures and more.
8. 2524 Cty F 920.883.6266 - Furniture, toys, yard tools, hose reels, patio swing, white ash timbers, clothes, books, camping items, wrought iron pieces, kids bike, household items, wheel barrow, lamps, plus much more.
9. Quietside Apartments 8234 Cty F 9am-3pm Sat. & Sun. - Tons of girls’ clothes, toys, housewares, DVDs and more! email@example.com
10. 2515 Bluff Rd 920.839.2263 - Something for everyone! Housewares, antiques, Christmas décor, clothes, glassware, propane grill, handmade Double Bed Headboard and frame, car cover, and exercise equipment.
11. 2431 Pine Bluff Ct Unit 7A 920.839.9783 Sports Memorabilia such as framed pictures, sports cards from football, baseball and hockey.